16 May, 2008

Granny Goose

For the first time in ages, I actually had time to sit down and have breakfast before going to work. I was halfway through breakfast and going through our preso when my Lola came down to eat. I had the O-D-D-E-S-T conversation with her.

Lola: How old will you be in October?
Me: 28
Lola: 28? So kelan ka mag-aasawa?
Me: Ha??? Hindi ko pa talaga iniisip yun Lola.
Lola: Good good. Dapat mga pag-30 ka nalang ikasal.

(This is odd because in past conversations, she wanted me to go and get married so I could give her great-grandchildren! Tapos ngayon... weird!)

Lola: You don't drive your car to work ba? Bakit lagi nanjan sa garage?
Me: Lola, I drive to work. Coding lang ako yesterday kaya I didn't bring my car.

(Bet you she only saw my car yesterday = LAGI/ PARATI ko iniiwan!!! Ayus!)

Me: Excuse me, Lola. I have to leave for work already. (as I get up from my seat)
Lola: 'Family given nickname' (which I refuse to disclose, especially not in cyberspace!), ano yang damit mo? Psychedelic yan diba?
Me: (eyes as big as saucers) Ha??!! Yes Lola, my dress is psychedelic.

(Wow, GROOVY!!!)

*** *** ***

In other news, I got this message from my Mum this morning:

"Am trying Globe's Tracker service. They might text you to ask for your permission to be tracked."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghht!!! YUN LANG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home