31 March, 2005

Goodbye my friend...

If there is one thing on this planet that gives me comfort (aside from retail therapy: i.e. shoes, bags and earrings, etc.), it would definitely have to be FOOD--oh glorious food! In the past 4 months alone, I have successfully put on 10 pounds albeit the fact that I have been popping fat-reducing pills (disclaimer: not as regularly as maybe boi_bitch! and imagine if I wasn't taking anything... fashion suicide!!!)

Hubby and I would go on crazy foodtrips--ranging from Mickie D's twister fries, chicken nuggets, KFC Asian chicken salad, more fries, home-cooked lechon kawali, Coco Cabana Salt & Pepper Spicy Squid and the list just goes on and on and on... He has quite an appetite I tell you but remains well in his weight class!

With my recent err-- "illness", and with my doctor--not being able to pinpoint what's causing the pain--has decided to put me on a low-fat/ soft diet program. Translation: fish, vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, etc. Plus she banned all forms of caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes and ICE CREAM!!!

me: Whaaaat?!! No ice cream?!! You've got to be kidding me! It's summer already!
doc: Sorry ka, mag-sorbet ka nalang!
me: Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! (stab stab stab slits her throat stab stab stab) (okay, this bit only happened in my head but you can't possibly blame me if I actually went through with it, right?!!)

Being naturally pasaway, I refuse to give up my smokes and my cocktails! It's bad enough that I can't eat dairy products (CHEESECAKE!!!) and what-not, so there... HA! :p

Our new favorite snack--(thanks to Eva Mendes on Oprah for Hitch)-- is Crunchy Tuna Sandwich made with white bread, tuna spread, cheese (that was before I couldn't have cheese anymore), lettuce, tomatoes and the magic ingredient--POTATO CHIPS. We've tried a few brands: V-cut, Doritos nacho Cheese and (today,MINUS the cheese of course) Wave Sour Cream and Cheddar and I just have to say that they're all pretty delish! Trust me, A definite must-try!

For now, I wallow in self-pity.. Goodbye sweet fatty goodness.. We shall be together again someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home