24 August, 2005

A Little Too Ironic

Since I last posted here, a denizen of events have been happening in my life and I honestly just can't seem to keep up. Going into detail is next to impossible but let's just say that I was out of the house almost every day since I last posted--Yes, including Sundays. Quite frankly, I'm exhausted. For the first time in almost a month, I was able to finally get some good quality sleep last night but oddly, I woke up this morning feeling anything but refreshed. It's settled then--I operate better with only 3-5 hours of sleep, (plus a pack of dunhills and lots of alcohol, hehe). Batteries not included.

My weekend was packed and rather eventful. It's been awhile since I last "hopped" from one place to another, punctuated by a "hangry" nightcap. I have my newly-found Wingmen (Nora and Sharon, hehehe) to thank for that. Remember, happiness all over! Fun! Fun! Fun! I guess some people just naturally gravitate towards each other and while I haven't been around them much--having recently resurrected from a 2-year exile--they provide a very secure and comfortable zone for me.

My chocolate fondue has evolved into a game, dessert and a movie. (Yes, I'm still not going to details..not yet..) Although wary of tried and tested tricks of the trade, I actually had a great time. More Fun! Fun! Fun! for me. (Besides, my Wingmen are on Red Alert, I just need to press the alarm! :p)

*** *** ***

In other news, Boppers is back with BabyBoppers-Rockers in tow! Adorable! (I'm sorry my Mac is messed up so pictures to follow. Notice how bare my posts have been?!! Grrrr...) While we have yet to sit down for our traditional marathon sessions, I can't begin to explain how glad I am that I have her here within reach again. Alabshuuu Mare! hehehe :)

*** *** ***

I was driving to work the other day when I heard this on the radio (I have no idea which station so don't bother asking what the hell I was listening to. I can't multi-task while driving so I'm pretty much stuck with whatever station is on until the next red light, hehe. Yes, I'm Ms. Independent now. I feel so empowered by the thought that I can go anywhere--wait, almost anywhere--on my own without having to worry about having a ride cos' I can actually drive myself around.) I remember back in high school when the whole class would break into this song (more like a hum) to tease a classmate. God, that was lightyears and lightyears away and about 100 wrinkles ago.

If you look closely, you (meaning Jammy and Boppers--which is why this one's for both of you!) would know why this is a little too ironic for me. Enjoy this blast from the past.

The One You Love
Glenn Frey

I know you need a friend, someone you can talk to
Who will understand what you're going through
When it comes to love, there's no easy answer
Only you can say what you're gonna do
I heard you on the phone, you took his number
Said you weren't alone, but you'd call him soon
Isn't he the guy, the guy who left you cryin'?
Isn't he the one who made you blue?
When you remember those nights in his arms
You know you gotta make up your mind

Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you
Or are you goin' back to the one you love?
Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you
Someone's gonna thank the stars above

What you gonna say when he comes over?
There's no easy way to see this through
All the broken dreams, all the disappointment
Oh girl, what you gonna do?
Your heart keeps sayin' it's just not fair
But still you gotta make up your mind

Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you
Or are you goin' back to the one you love?
Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you
Someone's gonna thank the stars above

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home