18 January, 2008

Quick Fix

I was introduced by my Uncle to a new remedy for the common cough and colds--> Vicks vaporub! I know it's really an "old school" remedy but he had me place it before bedtime on the soles of my feet, right before I cover them with socks. I woke up this morning feeling better and surprisingly, without wanting to break into a coughing fit. Try it for yourselves!

(Hmmm.. I wonder if this is a sign for me to take up smoking again.. It's only been 1 day!!! Ugh!!!)

*** *** ***
In the middle of our very first (and hopefully last) semi-heated argument, N/H stopped me dead in my tracks last night with this question: "Ano bang pinaka-importante sayo ngayon?".
It placed things in the 'right' perspective.
He reminded me that we should process our thoughts, words and actions beforehand...
That we should choose our battles...
That my past-while it affects my/our present- is exactly what it is: in the past and I should l learn to let those hurts go...
That we shouldn't let the little things affect our relationship that way...
That he understands and he knows that I understand him as well...
That he loves me and he would never hurt me...
That I am the most important thing/person to him now...
That loving me is what matters most to him...
That I may not be 100% but that's okay..

It was one of those lightbulb moments that I think will change the way I look at our relationship and all my other relationships from here on end. Last night could've gone worse in so many ways but it didn't because he doesn't have as much pride as I do and because he knows what's important to him. He may not really know how to handle me exactly but he's learning and he's teaching me a few lessons along the way. I'm loving this journey with him.. :)

*** *** ***
NO ONE
Alicia Keys

I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I dont worry cause
Everythings gonna be alright
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright

No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
You you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you

When the rain is pouring down
And my heart is hurting
You will always be around
This I know for certain

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I dont worry cause
Everythings gonna be alright
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright

I know some people search the world
To find something like what we have
I know people will try
Try to divide
Something so real
So till the end of time
I'm telling you that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home