06 April, 2005


With the death of PJP2, I can't help but think that the balance that the universe once knew is gone. Princess Diana, Mother Teresa and now the pope plus of course the tsunamis, earthquakes, and the list goes on and on and on... The whole world mourns his death but the bigger question is: Who's next? Thanks to Angels & Demons (which I am currently re-reading), I am intrigued by the selection process for the successor, the politics, the controversy, and the secrets that the Vatican holds. (Yes, all Dan Brown books make you paranoid and lead you to believe everything is one big conspiracy, hehe)

*** *** ***
My weekend was quite eventful. Saturday afternoon was spent with 60 kids at the White Cross where we treated them to games, prizes and food. It brought a lot people together-- many I have not seen for years so it was also a great time to catch up. Though I'm not the most charitable person and I'm not the most patient with kids--especially when I'm warm and sticky all over--that experience really warmed my heart, especially when some of the kids would come out of nowhere and hug me or give me a kiss (they're aged 2-6 okay?! malicioso!) or just stay close by my side. I'm glad I was able to actually do some good for a change, hehe :)
A great dinner (which I wan't really able to partake in, BOOOO!) and dancing with my girlfriends followed. The good news: my very own Ponti blue card (is that right?!! I wasn't really paying attention when I filled up the form) = major discount! More azurri and coco lychee for me! Hurrah!
Photos to follow soon!
*** *** ***
After crashing at Gizmo and George's place, I was finally able to spend time with Hubby (yes, he moved again!). It's been such a long week for the two of us and I'm glad that we were able to reconnect and to stay connected after all of that. The past few days have been good—yes, a few minor humps and bumps but good nonetheless. I’m seeing a side of him that I haven’t seen in a long time. I still have a lot of fears and worries but I know that I will soon overcome all of these in due time. I believe that this is it for me and I know that this is it for him too.

HAPPY 16th MONTH HUBBY!
I LOVE YOU…
MORE THAN MY WORDS CAN EVER SAY…
MORE THAN MY ACTIONS CAN EVER SHOW…
YOU ARE MY FOREVER AND ALWAYS…

*** *** ***
In other news, I am taking the plunge! Eeeeeeep! :S
I won’t go into details just yet (not until everything is finalized and formalized) but suffice to say I am scared shitless. It’s a good break for me, though I am anxious of the adjustments, etc.
We had our last consultation meeting last night and as always our conversation veered elsewhere. boi_bitch had a new lesson to teach me and blair_bitch: SIMPLIFY!

Acceptance is the key. I know that life really isn’t as complicated as I make it seem to be and I also know that being the ultimate drama queen won’t make me any happier but I also know that life isn’t as simple as it seems either. I guess that while I find solace in ranting (hence this blog), I know that I can learn how to better equip myself to cope with the endless twists and turns on this rollercoaster ride.

So yes, I think I’m going to try out this new lesson. After all , anything that might keep me even a tad bit saner is worth a shot! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home