30 August, 2005

Tropical Illusions on a Manic Monday

Everybody hates Mondays because it kicks off yet another work week for slaves such as myself . I'm expecting my stress level to increase this week and drastically shoot up by next week when some projects finally kick off. In addition to that, beginning this week, I'll be driving from the house to Ortigas (my bro's been assigned to handle one of the offices there) to Makati then back to Ortigas to pick him up when I'm done with work 3 out of 5 working days. Crap! Since today is no longer a holiday, it took me about an hour from his office to get to mine. Double Crap!

When you've got girlfriends like I do, a Monday night can magically transform into a Friday! Fun Fun Fun! It's been awhile since I was able to really go out and spend quality time with Fifi and Jammy (You especially hunny, we missed you soooo much! You're FREE!!! TARA GAME!!! The Emancipation... Hehehe)

We had our usual No-Holds-Barred and No-Judgement marathon session to recap the weekend that was and to deal with a pressing issue. We finally realized the boundaries and limits of our "No-Judgement" clause and it's good that I can be more vocal about my pure unadulterated hate for the Kebab who has repeatedly broken my friend's heart. When friends don't like the guy you're with, it's probably because they just don't click BUT when EVERYBODY--most especially your family--doesn't approve of him then there must be something wrong. (Why didn't I realize that sooner?!!) It's not entirely his faulty--clearly, he just happened to like her a lot when he should've been madly in love with her! Fuckwit! (I'll stop here cos' I was in a good mood and I don't want to ruin it by wasting time thinking about that emotional Fuckwit!)

Funny how we always manage to make both minor and major revelations (Top mine!) everytime we get together like this. It's like SATC but more potent and lethal but unbelievably funny. Even without the Tropical Illusion, we still would've giggled, laughed and cackled the whole night. It's been awhile too since we've been able to get up and dance--and dance we did. (Thanks Jammy, I OWE YOU BIGTIME! It was well worth it plus it's not my fault LL wanted to "rock with me"! hahaha) Who would've thunk we could actually have hiphop and RnB on a Monday night?!!! (Thanks to DJ Shorty and Rewind!) Fun Fun Fun!

When push comes to shove, I rest assured knowing that the three of us will always have someone to fall back on and to hold our hair back when the universe is conspiring against us. I love you girlies and I treasure you in ways unimaginable. Here's to vitamins, 3 nippy's, and hands-free happiness! Mwaaah!

*The Chicas and I partied at the MTV Pilipinas Video Awards last Thursday. Pictures and a post to recap that night to follow soon! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home