16 January, 2006

Basta Ikaw

I did it. I survived a Days With The Lord weekend!

Please don't ask me why I signed up for it in the first place cos' I really don't know. Aside from the fact that it's a good way to start the year, I'd have to admit that I signed-up for it blindly. I had a lot of apprehensions before actually pushing through with it, what with the horror stories I've heard and with the very intimidating To-Bring-List that they gave me but I guess at this point, there really isn't much to lose.

They didn't lie when they said "I never said it was going to be easy.I just said it'd be worth it." And worth it, it was. I can't exactly divulge what went on last weekend but suffice to say, this is one experience that will stay on my mind and in my heart for a long time. I've been saying over and over how crazy a rollercoaster ride 2005 was for me. I never thought that I could go through wave after wave of emotions in such a short span of time. Yes, I cried my eyes out this weekend and I poured my heart out to the people who mattered most to me. I was also reminded of how loved I am and how there are a lot of people out there who have my back. It really fills my heart.

Most importantly, I am making my way home to Jess.. Sure, they're baby steps but at least I know where I'm headed and I know that I have no plans of turning back.

Boppers, my sponsor, I love you. Thank you for selflessly "serving" for me this weekend. I greatly appreciate the depth of our friendship.

M&M, you kept me sane inside the DWTL "house". You held my hand and shared your strength with me. You made me laugh and kept me smiling even when I felt that I was in hell.

J, my pseudo-co-sponsor, you always know how to make your presence felt even when you're far away. You are so YOU and I'm glad. Thank you for helping Boppers out.

Mi familia, your words came when I needed it the most. You are my life, for always.

Jammy, Hengs, Mafiosos and everyone else who wrote me, thank you. You make living on this crazy planet a real treat.

Karen, KC, Obe, EJ, Ava, Jam, and the staff who took care of us (and scared the living daylights out of us), thank you for taking care of us and for bringing us back to where we belong. Thank you for sharing yourselves with us. Your openness allowed me to tap into a hidden/ buried part in my heart.

My new sisters- Arianne,Anne,Tina, Capt.Crissy,Chuey- I couldn't have chosen a better bunch of people to share this weekend with. Basta Kayo...I'm there.

Yes, I am on a Days high. It's so hard to explain but this weekend has left me overwhelmed as I slowly make my way back to the "real" world. I just wonder how long this will last...

*** *** ***

I just want to say.. Thank YOU for making me smile. I feel giddy all over but so stupid at the same time because this probably doesn't mean anything...but then again, the thought of having you lurking in the background is enough...

As for YOU, my head is spinning round and round. You've got my insides twisted in knots. I don't understand you and it's making me so goddamn frustrated. I just want to know what's really on your mind... I think I miss you but I know have to stop thinking about you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home