02 November, 2005

Business As Use-less

The long weekend is over and like every Wednesday, i find myself alone here in the office, waiting for the rest of the people to arrive..Although, I am doubtful that anyone else will be here today.. (Ayan Jojo, multiple posts nato! Siguro naman you won't be too bored today..)

After the week that was, i should've fled from this crazy city but of course. all my plans fizzled. I'm not complaining because I suppose it all worked out the way it was supposed to. The shoot went rather smoothly, Dad's okay although hurting from the strain after the operation, we landed the gig and I was able to make-up for lost sleep. 12 whole hours last Sunday! Unbelievable--granted I slept at 5am! Hehehe..

I had an interesting conversation with my Wingmen yesterday over tubs of Ice Monster. (Come to think of it, I think I basically spent the long weekend with them and since Sharon's been 'complaining', I'm calling a timeout! No more weekday gimmicks right Jojo?! hehehe..) Our topic: what is the better foundation of a relationship- friendship or magic?

I'd like to think that I've had my fair share of both and I guess they both have their own pros and cons. It would be Ideal of course to get a little (or a lot) of both but then again, how many people are that lucky?!!! My relationship that was based on friendship was good. We got along really well and we knew a lot about each other so we didn't have really have to deal with skeletons in our closets and we didn't really have to figure a lot of things out. We had some bumps that we just couldn't iron out and that was okay. I guess as the relationship progressed, I just felt that he was a better friend than a boyrfriend. I needed the passion, the spark, the "magic". Now that we're back to being friends, things are better and uncomplicated.

..And when I found the magic that I was looking for, I really did myself in. Having bumps that could not be ironed out is an understatement. I felt the love, the romance and the passion but suffice to say the magic ran out long before the relationship did. We were never friends so I don't know what's there to go back to. I loved with all the love that I could muster and even so much more than that but then what..? And now what..?

The bottomline is that you need to find the person that's right for you--whether it's someone you've just met or someone you've known for years. You need to be with somebody who ignites a certain spark inside of you, someone who can make you 'feel'. At the same time, this somebody should be someone you can be yourself with at the onset (no "best foot forward" necessary), someone you can spend the day with, someone who makes you feel safe and secure, someone you can be comfortable with--even in silence, someone you can share your deepest darkest (and dirtiest) secrets with, someone who at the end of the day, is your friend first and foremost, no frills, no questions asked, no judgement.

The past few months have been quite eventful. I've met a lot of new people and I've touched base with a lot of the old. I'm definitely not looking for the ONE although a part of me wishes he'll just come and find me. (Yes Jojo..) I'll probably be in my signature white tank, cropped pants, and 4WD flipflops but you know what, I don't think he'll care. He'll probably even like it.. :)


With You
Jessica Simpson

The real me is a Southern girl
With her Levi's on and an open heart
Wish I could save the world
Like I was Supergirl
The real me used to laugh all night
Lying in the grass, just talking 'bout love
But lately I've been jaded
Life got so complicated

I start thinking about it
Almost forgot what it was like
To know when it feels right

But with you
I can let my hair down
I can say anything crazy
I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground
With nothing but a T-shirt on
I never felt so beautiful
Baby, as I do now
Now that I'm with you

You speak and it's like a song
And just like that, all my walls come down
It's like a private joke
Just meant for us to know
I relate to you naturally
Everybody else just fades away
Sometimes it's hard to breathe
Just knowing you found me

Come and take me
Love you, save me
Like nobody else
Now I can be myself with you

I can let my hair down
I can say anything crazy
I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground
With nothing but a T-shirt on
I never felt so beautiful
Baby, as I do now
Now that I'm with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home