29 January, 2007

I'm Sorry...

. . . I'm still in shock
. . . I'm not emotionally equipped to handle this
. . . I feel at a loss for words to say to you
. . . I cried inconsolably on your couch
. . . I called you self-absorbed
. . . I'm being self-absorbed too
. . . I can't explain why all of this hurts me so
. . . I didn't reach out to you and say things will be okay before leaving
. . . I couldn't jump into this with both feet in
. . . I had my doubts--I still do
. . . I said I regretted things because I don't
. . . I said things in the past to make you think twice about telling me the truth
. . . I expected a "happy ending"--whatever the hell that is these days
. . . I didn't believe that your feelings for me still remain true after I learned the truth
. . . I might actually be skeptical about it still
. . . I couldn't tell you I love you too when we had that "moment"
. . . I still can't because I honestly don't know--not then and definitely not now
. . . I wasn't the "remedy" you had hoped I would be
. . . You felt I didn't understand you because I do
. . . You thought I didn't accept any or all of this because I do
. . . You're a mess now--let me help you, please

. . . I'm Sorry . . .


*** *** ***

LOVE'S DIVINE
Seal

Then the rainstorm came, over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my, belief you see
And realized my mistake
But time threw a prayer, to me
And all around me became still

I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

Through the rainstorm came sanctuary
And I felt my spirit fly
I had found all of my reality
I realize what it takes

Oh I don't bend, don't break
Show me how to live and promise me you won't forsake
'Cause love can help me know my name

Well I try to say there's nothing wrong
But inside I felt me lying all along
But the message here was plain to see
Believe me

Love can help me know my name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home